GOODBYE PORK PIE HAT

"GOODBYE PORKPIE HAT" PART 1 & PART 2

Here are 35 versions of this very great song written by Charles MINGUS in memory of Lester YOUNG (1909-1959). The recordings begin with Charles MINGUS in 1959, then Joni MITCHELL, Roland KIRK, Charles McPHERSON, Claire DALY and many others, be careful, with the volume, listening to Anthony BRAXTON! Those tracks go from the absolute, absolute best to the... Well, here are all the versions I have, instrumental and vocal! If you have other ones, I'll be glad to know them. Enjoy... and tell us!

2 comments:

Luis said...

Great music and great photos! I'll check if I find another versions in my collection.

By the way, Mediafire is available now in Latin America, (Or Argentina, at least).

Luis

JUST ME said...

HEY LUIS-GOOD THAT MEDIAFIRE LANDED IN THE "THIRD WORLD". LOL !!! DANIEL